Sunday, June 17, 2012

So far

Finally hit the road for real Saturday around 1. I met the family for lunch at Lorena's which was great. Got to say goodbye to the nieces and the rest of the family. Definitely the hardest part is going to be missing a summer with my family. Especially my dad and grandpa. Happy fathers day! Stayed at big bend last night and rode Klondike bluff trail and Dino trail bright and early. Still got hotter then the hinges of hell! It was 90 by 9 am. The trails humbled the shit outta me and sand can go to hell. Headed straight out from there. The fiesta is flat out killing it on the mpg's even bike and cargoed upon getting 37-38. That said I have had favorable winds and have been south bound. From moab to Denver on the 70 I was able to develop a symbiotic relationship with a convoy of speeding truckers. I would draft off them and when they needed to change lands I'd cut over and run interference. Lost them here in eagle though I had to grab some grub. God speed boys. Almost to Denver!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment