Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Revenge of Green Mountain

Today we got lucky with some great weather.  High's in the high 70's.  My kinda climate!  We went to breakfast at a local restaurant Tapatio and I had my first real Colorado green chile burrito...  It was awesome.  The Burrito was just a Burrito but I am a big fan of green chile smothering.  Do not confuse it with chile verde.  Locals don't like it.  Plus its not green its orange. 

Anyway after overeating we digested until deciding to get revenge of green mountain.  We headed up the trail the right direction this time but though easier our legs were just not co-operating.  After the 7 miles of Moab trails, 7 more of Colorado, and a 2 mile hike, in the last three days 7 more miles found my legs just not having the umphhh they had, but regardless we made it to the top and got to enjoy the fruits of our labors proper.  Took some go pro footage but still can't get it your way.  But it's seriously coming.  Nothing too extreme but some good speed and me getting distracted by wildlife.  Even at twenty something on single track, the hunter in me can apparently still spot a deer.

Need to move on but really just want to go into these mountains and live off the land for awhile.  The fishing is supposed to be great.  I am definitely enjoying the area.  Also, no one works in Colorado.   All recreation areas are busy even during the week days and everyone has nice shit.  There is a money tree in Colorado I just know it and I WILL find it.  No secret is safe Coloradinians! (Coloradins? Coloradon's? Coloradites? Colorad-tards?)

No comments:

Post a Comment