Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Piseco Lake

This place still amazes me.  In the morning we went golfing because the "local" course (45 minutes away) had a deal that was too good to pass up.  It was great to get back out golfing, and hats of to be people who play well with borrowed clubs, I am not one of them.  Regardless of how bad I played it was a great course and definitely different then out west. When we got back I kind of passed out for the next two hours after doing some much needed laundry.  When I woke up we headed out on the Kayak's to go up falls stream.  This place is still hard to get used to, big natural lake, surrounded by thick green forest, and hardly anyone around.  The kayaks were a great way to explore the small shallow stream and I can now add another fish species to the list, Northern Pike.  Nothing huge, the biggest was probably sixteen inches but I caught about ten of them so that was nice.  It is always cool to see or catch a new species.  After that it was hot tub time.  Nothing like coming out of a cool lake onto a sandy beach and stepping right into a hot tub surrounded by trees.  Tough life.



Tomorrow we will be kayaking up to and the camping at Good Luck Lake, I am excited to see what else New York has in store.  I will take some pictures tomorrow to try and show you how beautiful this place is.  Wore my first long sleeved shirt on the entire trip today.  I cannot tell you how good it felt to be a little chilly after traveling through the hot, humid south.  Gotta get to sleep but if you ever get the chance to see New York just cruise past the city,  Adirondacks is where its at.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment