Tuesday, August 14, 2012

No Hope!

So I have finally decided there is no hope in catching up while I'm on the road! So I'll just have to try and start anew. I just spent two nights in Chicago and it a pretty epic cultural adventure! I was able to stay at my friend Jessica's place and get the local tour. It's such a crazy world! I met Jessica 4 years ago while working on a ranch in Montana and through fb I was able to get in touch with her. With just hours of notice her and her boyfriend were happy to let me stay.

Jessica gave me the quick tour including wrigley field. Wrigley field is amazing by the way. Just looks so ole timey and everyone within a quarter mile is completely hammered so it's pretty fun to watch. Then after some awesome wings and beer we met up with her friends at Redmans. My new favorite bar. Everyone who worked there were friends with the group I was in and the people I was with practically lived there. I felt like I was in an episode of how I met your mother. It was karaoke night and it was awesome to watch. I would have sang... Honest I would have ;) but it didn't seem to be a pro country crowd and I don't know anything else well enough... And I was being a baby. But with the talent in the group I was in I couldn't follow acts like the one I'm about to post! After karaoke it got a little fuzzy for me... But I became best friends with this one guy and his girlfriend and I had an email from him with our thug picture waiting for me in the morning. Why he went with email and not text I cannot know. I don't even remember what we talked about but I have a feeling we were going to start a gubernational entertainment company not so different from step brothers prestige worldwide. Then I woke up on a couch... Day one in Chicago complete....

Day two was a little rough but I pushed through it and it was time to play some trivia with my new friends at my new favorite bar where everyone knows your name. Trivia was going great and we had a little culture trivia Einstein in our group so with her and the combined knowledge of the diverse group we won it all!!!

Not everyone loses with grace and the second or third place team was disqualified at the end for using phones and then they just started screaming at our group... At this point we didn't know we had won and we didn't know that they had been disqualified so there was a great deal of confusion at why this group of people was flipping chairs and yelling at us... Some people take trivia way to seriously... Especially considering that the winnings, split between all of us, were 5 dollars each and a free shot. It was crazy! Thought I was going to have a fist fight on my hands and at the time I had no idea why! That's Chicago for ya I guess? I had such a fun time though and I want to live in that bar.

Chicago complete now I'm going to go see lambeau field!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment